Saturday, September 24, 2011

Overdue Art





I have failed miserably to keep my blog updated, as it has been over a year since my last blog. Here in Bourg Le Comte, I am busy working on furniture and making plenty of mistakes in my hand work on furniture. But, I am learning. I have been away from painting for quite a while, and to be honest I did not think that I would miss it as much as I am now. Here in the countryside is so beautiful, I can see now why the great masters became inspired enough to paint something so mundane as a landscape. I mean they really are great views. But, more on that later, when I get some goache and a view pieces of cotton paper. So, here are some photos of my last year's work. Lots of big paintings.






Portrait of the Artist and His Mother







Judas











Mottainai
This was a painting done in 25 plus sections, each panel is 2ft by 2ft, and obviously
a few did not make it to the final installation. It is a large painting meant to lay on the floor, and viewed in the round.

No comments:

Post a Comment